TCi (GB) Ltd has been engaged more than two years in the site-wide refurbishment and construction of clean-room GMP manufacturing and laboratory facilities for a major OTC pharmaceuticals producer.
- Industry: Pharmaceutical
- Scale: >800,000 sqft
- Contract: Refurbishment of laboratories and GMP working areas
To date, works have included:
- Complete, embedded floor drainage systems with contamination control traps and access ports as necessary
- Development of a bespoke floor-covering process to provide a hardwearing (for heavy machinery), sealed, hygienic, high slip resistant solution with radius-coved corner detail
- Preparation and finishing of smooth, continuous wall surfaces, featuring shallow radius inner corner detail, decorated with hygiene paint
- Both tiled and painted ceilings, using high-grade hygiene tiles paint
Remote and button-operated large airlock door units
- Air-conditioning and heating/cooling units with contaminant separation supplied by KJR Refrigeration Ltd – clean room specialists
- LED lighting meeting workplace standards (Lighting at Work Act HSG38), maintaining minimum 500lux at working height
- Emergency lighting and alarm systems 3 Phase high-current AC supply installed in each facility for large
- M&E (data, electrical and alarm systems), plumbing and compressed gas works overseen by TCi within the scope of the project
Throughout the manufacturing facility, techniques have been developed to provide a hygienic and easy to maintain, continuous scheme of renovations. The site comprises Wet/loose material production areas, dry packing areas, warehouse storage and office facilities, requiring a strict anti-contamination policy between zones, as well as the careful separation of building works via temporary containment walls. 2-stage entrance porches are used to incorporate decontamination/dust removal and an onsite cleaner employed to carry out hourly maintenance to site access areas.
Other works have included the installation of mezzanine floors and transport areas, respecting the sensitivity of the environment at all times.
The schedule of works has included a programme of small laboratory refurbishments alongside the repurposing of large GMP manufacturing areas, upgrading a traditional factory environment into a state-of-the-art facility. The result is a continuous, clean and futuristic manufacturing premises, reflecting the prestige of our customer.