TCi (GB) Ltd was approached to deliver a high-specification Cat A & Cat B fit-out to newly acquired office space for property agents, Savills
The client was in the process of expanding into larger premises and looking to create an innovative and inspiring workspace as a potential model for future refurbishments within their estate.
The TCi construction WORKS team initiated a design consultation process, based on initial ideas and layout supplied by the client.
- Lighting calculations and an emergency lighting scheme were generated, representing an annual saving in maintenance and energy costs to the client, through the use of LED panels and smart motion sensors.
- Flooring and acoustic ceiling tiles to provide a smart and quiet working environment, with branded, frosted glass partitions to allow light-sharing.
- Complete M&E design & install
- Supply and installation of a modern, attractive office furniture scheme
Following the installation of containment, temporary lighting and signage, the project began with the strip out of existing floor coverings, ceilings, lighting, partitions, doors, kitchen and raised flooring over the course of 6 days. Trades were then moved onto site to proceed with 1st fix plumbing and electrical and partitioning works whilst glazing, surface and bespoke preparations were made. Multi-skilled teams and specialist contractors were managed carefully onsite to maximise concurrent activity and ensure the programme remained efficient and on schedule.
The installation of kitchenette, internal glazing with corporate branding, flooring, finishing and all painting & decorating was completed on schedule, ready for testing and commissioning along with the builder’s clean.
Handover and signoff was completed on schedule and comprehensive O&M manuals supplied to the client.
- Custom-built, fitted lockers and cupboards enable staff to hot-desk efficiently and maintain a clutter-free environment.
- Corporate colour matching was undertaking to ensure the space reflected the client’s brand. Paint for pillars and cupboard door finishes were selected accordingly and the front reception desk finished with a bespoke, illuminated sign.
- Specialist data and comms systems were specified to create a fully-functioning hi-tech environment, with recesses and channels for equipment and cabling.
- A feature wall in the smaller meeting room has been given a 3-dimensional finish using wood-laminate panels, incorporating a recessed audio-visual setup.
- For individual and one-to-one use, a state-of-the-art self-contained, soundproof booth was installed. The unit features its own lighting, air conditioning and conference-ready telecoms, along with remarkable acoustic control and privacy.
- A sleek, well appointed kitchenette provides staff with ample welfare facilities, space to socialise and prepare hospitality for guests.
The TCi furniture WORKS team worked with the client to specify products to exact requirements, supplying bench desking and custom-made storage incorporating living planters to provide a fresh and healthy feel. A 14-seat boardroom table with integral power and data connectivity dominates the large meeting room, equipped with video conferencing and presentation services.
A striking visual has been created upon arrival, by a locally hand-made reception desk with illuminated signage and a cubic framework partition system featuring living plants, creating an attractive division between reception and working areas. Soft lighting in this area also provides a comfortable, informal feel.
Additional breakout furniture has also been installed, providing a huge variety of working situations and representing a very modern and futuristic corporate environment.